First training sessions are now available
Supported by EU’s Horizon 2020 program, the Gender Equality Academy is developing a capacity building program about gender equality in the field of Research and Innovation (R&I) and Higher Education (HE). Partners from research institutions and academia from different European countries have come together to produce diverse tailor-made training material, like train-the-trainers, in-person trainings and interactive workshops, summer schools, webinars and online distributed open collaborative courses.
The goal of GE Academy is to promote awareness and facilitate institutional change in favor of gender equality in Research and Innovation, as well as in the Higher Education. Thus, the project aims to disseminate its actions in more than 15 countries around Europe using online formats and organization of training events in European cities in collaboration with interested host organizations.
Here are the first series of training sessions projected to take place during next months:
- Gender Equality Plans: an introduction, Date: 31 October 2019 at 15.00 cet, Duration: 90 minutes, Target: HR managers and officers, Equality officers, Middle managers
- Gender in Research & Innovation, Date: 13 November 2019 at 13.00 cet, Duration: 90 minutes, Target: Beginners from different groups
- Gender action plans: getting them right and making them happen, Date: 5 November 2019, Location: Dublin, Ireland, Host institution: Trinity College Dublin, Duration: ½ day, Target: GE officers and managers, GEP team members, Human resources officers and Middle Managers
- Dealing with resistances, Date: 18-19 November 2019, Location: Barcelona, Spain, Host institution: Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG Co-organized with ACT), Duration: 1 ½ days, Target: GEP team members, GE officers / Gender focal persons, Organisational change agents
In-person training sessions
- How to avoid gender bias in recruitment and promotion, Date: 10 December 2019, Location: Montpellier, France, Host institution: The French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development (CIRAD), Duration: 1 day, Language: French, Target: Human resources officers, Gender equality officers, Equality / Diversity officers, GEP teams, Middle managers / Team or Unit leaders
- Towards a gender-aware research organisation: what you need to know (but never dared to ask), Date: 12 December 2019, Location: Bari, Italy, Host institution: Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Bari, Duration: 1 day, Language: English, Target: Human resources officers, Gender equality officers / focal persons; Equality / diversity officers, Researchers
Please note that the participation is free of charge for all the sessions, but seats are limited, so hurry up on your application via GE Academy’s website.
For more information about the GE Academy, news, updates and opportunities to get involved you can subscribe to the GE Academy Newsletter list.